Wednesday, October 30, 2013

My Story

Hi, I'm Tami. I wanted to share a little bit of my story with you that has led me to where I am today. I'm 38, I'm a wife to a wonderful man named Mark and a mother to 4 beautiful boys, ages 15,10,6 and 19 months. I stay at home and I feel more than blessed with this life I've been given. My journey has had ups and downs, and I'm a work in progress but so thankful. I've learned alot about myself and my strengths, as well as my weaknesses. I was diagnosed with not one, but two digestive disorders in 2008. I have Crohn's disease and Celiac. It took two years of searching and seeking to find out what was happening to my body. It was a frustrating and painful time physically and mentally. Doctors told me I'd be on a steroid medication for the rest of my life and would need to learn to live with it. Well, the fighter inside me came out and I knew that was unacceptable! I was not willing to settle for a grim outcome. Up until that point I had learned a great deal about health and how the body works. My knowledge couldn't have come in handy at any better time than this! I continued learning and teaching myself about food and exercise and how they affect the body. My health started improving drastically to the point of remission from the Crohn's. I was feeling amazing and wanted to help others feel good too but never quite knew how I was going to do that. I have had people asking me questions about eating and exercise for years now and I'm always so excited to see people transform in that way! I was going along great for the most part with only a few rare flareups and moments of fatigue, so I again sought out how to better my nutrition. About 1 year ago I came upon this drink Shakeology. It is difficult for me to find foods I can tolerate, I eat a very strict diet to keep myself from having health issues. So I thought I'd try it, expecting fully that it would be a "no-go" for me. There was a vegan option so that's what I bought. First off, it tasted amazing! Alot of things over the years have seemed like eating or tasting cardboard to me, and my food needs to taste good:) After drinking it for a while a began to notice how much energy I had and my skin was so nice. I even started giving it to my baby! I knew I had found something awesome. No digestive reactions for me, I couldn't believe it. I knew about the Beachbody Company and what it offered. It was helping people do some awesome things with their lives and it was so inspiring! So I did some research on the fitness programs and bought Chalene Extreme off one of my friends. I loved it!! I however fully intended to just go about my way and not pursue being part of the company. I was following alot of women on Instagram who were doing great things with their fitness and drinking Shakeology. Come to find out some were Beachbody Coaches. One evening I came across an application to become a coach. That was my "aha" moment. It was like a lightbulb came on. All this passion I had for healthy living and the knowledge I'd acquired through my experiences came together. I knew how I would help people change their health for the better. I wanted everyone to know about this shake I was drinking and how great it feels to be fit and active. So I applied and there was no looking back! This is what I was meant to do, and what I absolutely love to do. Thank you for letting me share. Tami



If you would like to join one of my fitness or healthy eating groups fill out this application so we can chat!Fill out my form!

In addition, if you have ever considered becoming a coach yourself, to help others change their lives, fill out this coach application :)Fill out my form!


No comments:

Post a Comment